Saturday, April 20, 2013

SEO. So? Oh.

So what about SEO. I tell you,  there's so much hubbub about SEO on the internet,  and yet I had to ask a solicitor what each letter stood for. Her business had sent my business, Rosehips Beauty, an email letting me know how they could improve my SEO.  So? I didn't know what it was, and thought to ask her. "What is SEO?" I inquired. Quite simply, she informed me "SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization." Oh.

I now understand that SEO is applicable to my business, the Spa business, in as much as a person searching for "facials' "esthetician" "skin care" and the like, will find Rosehips Beauty. (Currently I've got "Skin Spa Newport News" nailed - don't ask me how.)

Have you got a moment to educate yourself on SEO? I suggest you do, especially if you are a small business. You will avoid the high costs of another business getting into your business, while you are stilll plugging along on the path of your Business Plan. (Remember that in the Gold Rush of 1849 the guys that sold the tools cashed in.)

Check out this entry from +Mark Traphagen
SEO For The Social Media Minded

For now, I am going to stop right here. SEO is a "tool" being sold to us "Gold Diggers," that may or may not be necessary. What is necessary is for the small business owner to be clear about what their message is, who their audience is, and how creative they can be themselves. Pick and choose your tools wisely, and you will prosper, while also providing a need to a community that supports you.

Now that I've said that, you can make an appointment for a treatment with me www.vagaro.com/rosehips

You can learn more about my business on my facebook page www.facebook.com/rosehipsbeauty
 .  .  . and you can see what Yelpers are saying at the link below.

SEO could also stand for "Something Everyone Operates."


Rosehips - A Beauty Boutique & Skin Spa

No comments:

Post a Comment